Tuesday, 31 March 2009

S'leb Twatter


S'lebs have taken to Twitter like it's in their contracts. I guess it gives 'em something to do on their BlackBerrys besides Google themselves and talk to their therapist. This is great because it means you can finally read what the Hollywood elite have to say without the annoying interference of their publicists (and maybe even see Demi's unphotoshopped ass): Yes, Lindsay Lohan has the mind of a dyslexic 8-year-old. No, that hot kid from Star Trek did not age well but has eerily retained a lot of smarts.

Twitter has even unleashed a whole new scourage of "social change/empowerment" obsessed s'lebs on the world, urging us to donate mosquito nets to Africans and wear condoms. We all heard about how Ashton beat CNN to getting 1 million followers last week (omg it's like reformed jackass vs. Goliath, ppl!), and if you follow P. Diddy, he'll continually spam your Tweetfeed with messages lilke "LET'S GO PEOPLE, LOCK IN! Follow your dreams! work hard!" and "I've been in the studio for 48h ppl, and haven't ridden in my jag for 3, let's go ppl, LOCK IN!"

...and God knows what kind of post-menopausal world domination havoc Oprah will wreak when she finally fires up her tweeting this week. These hyperactive s'leb attention-seekers are all entertaining and junk, but my personal favourite has got to be the shrivel-headed fashion marvel Karl Lagerfeld himself.

Monsieur Lagerfeld doesn't Tweet often, but his posts are always quality - a perfect reflection of his style persona: subtle yet dramatic, pseudo-profound, and full of arrogant French flair.

Some choice KL tweets:

  1. I have no scene. I go everywhere. I adapt.
  2. I only wear the latest thing. It's my job.

  3. Nothing scares me more than people with some doll collection. As a child, I never played with anything like toys. I wanted to be a grown-up.
  4. After the couture, I am spending a quiet weekend in my all-glass apartment, floating over the river on Quai Voltaire.
  5. Florals are for middle-aged women with weight problems.
  6. I hate the word “avant-garde.” It was used, overused, and often used for useless things. So I do not use that word any longer.
  7. Believe it or not, I love rap.
  8. Fur is not murder, but it is quite expensive.
  9. The best Christmas gift I received this year? A platinum pogo stick.
  10. On this day each year, I soak the previous year's calendar in my mother's favorite perfume and then set it ablaze. Here's to a fresh start

1 comment:

  1. twitter is a full-blown zombie attack in disguise.

    ReplyDelete