Wednesday, 11 March 2009

Rankin vs. Ritchie-Kobilansky


The Veils are really rad, you would like them. They are friends of mine, and a while ago Ritchie Harvey (who has since returned to NZ) and I tag-teamed a photoshoot with them. I recently re-Photoshopped the pics, and remembered how much fun we had. First we played around with these video projections, which didn't really show up well in photos

Then I tried to convince the band to sit around pretending to have a tea party. Finn wasn't havin' it (but LOOK at how cute Soph's ribbon/eyes look next to that periwinkle wall!) :


Then we got animated and threw balls (aka Soph's painted styrofoam planets):


Probably not the best idea unless you've got a good wide-angle lens - otherwise it's pretty hard to get everyone and their balls in the shot. Next we switched it up for some owl actionz:

And then some skull actionz:

And some individual shots:
And topped it off with a nice warm photo:

Ritchie and I were damn chuffed with ourselves, but of course two days later The Veils had a shoot with Rankin and his medium-format magical kingdom of photo gadgetry at the Dazed & Confused offices, where he promptly shat on all our work within 5 seconds of having a camera handed to him by an assistant:

THE END

P.S.
The Veils' third album called Sun Gangs drops April 6th on Rough Trade records. Czech it.

1 comment:

  1. I saw these up on facebook, seriously yo you need to post more of your stuff up so that I can live vicariously through you.

    ReplyDelete